Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's a boy!!!


Tesfa

Anna and I are happy that so many friends and family have been able to join us on our adoption journey by reading this web page. We’re especially excited today to introduce our new son to you!
The process has indeed moved very quickly, but looking back at our entry from the beginning of February, we appear to be right on schedule. It’s a strange stage that we’re in now since we know we have a baby waiting for us but there’s nothing to do but wait and be excited. Hopefully we can enjoy these last weeks of calm and save up energy for the work ahead!

Anna’s thoughts:
We first found out about Tesfa on April 12th. The past three weeks have been very difficult as I desperately wanted to get excited, start to become attached to Tesfa and tell everyone I knew that we had a referral. Now that we know for sure that Tesfa is our son everything has changed! The anxiety and uncertainty I had been feeling the past few weeks has been replaced by excitement, anticipation, and just a wee bit of nervousness. Grant and I have put down our adoption books and started reading parenting books! I can also say that I’ve never prayed for another person so much in my life. Is this what it is like to be a mother? I know the next six weeks or so will fly by, but please continue to pray for patience for me and that I will use this time wisely to prepare for motherhood and for baby Tesfa. And, as always, please pray for the health and safety of little Tesfa. And pray that he is getting lots of love and attention from his caregivers. Thank you! – Anna

Name: Tesfa, meaning “my hope”. We have not yet decided if we will keep this as his first name or choose another name. We plan to wait until after we have met him in person before making a name choice.

Birth date: February 22nd so right now he is only 10 weeks old!!!

Height/Weight: on March 15th (three weeks old) Tesfa was 22 inches and weighed 7 pounds. On April 26th (9 weeks old) Tesfa was 23 inches and weighed 11 pounds.

Health: from all reports Tesfa is a perfectly healthy little guy. From his most recent medical report (4/26) he is starting to smile responsively, he can raise his head, and is soothed by holding.

Timeframe: Our paperwork (dossier) was sent to Ethiopia on May 2nd so we should be able to travel about six weeks after the dossier is sent, which puts us at the middle to the end of June. Tesfa will be just 4 months at that time!

Posted by Hello