Wednesday, October 31, 2007

11 Month Update

Almaz turned 11 months on Sunday. She is definitely making her personality more known over the past few weeks, which is so much fun! When she is really excited or happy she literally squeals (and then Alex copies, we tell Alex that it is not okay, and then he says, "but baby Almaz does that!" Ugh).

She is cruising around the house crawling or furniture walking and walks a couple of steps when she feels like it. She likes talking on her cell phone (already) and says, "hi" in a really sweet, really high voice. She loves loves the hour or so when she wakes up from her nap in the afternoon and Alex is still sleeping. She loves to play with toys without the fear of being tackled (or hugged too hard). It is a really easy time for me too since she just contentedly plays near me and I don't have to worry about Alex getting too rough.

Funny thing I've noticed...when I tell Almaz to sit down in her highchair, she looks at me like, "hmmmm. That's an interesting idea. I might do that. Or I might not." When Grant tells her to sit down in her high chair, her head goes back, her mouth goes wide open and she starts howling. Her tongue actually looks like a baby crying in a cartoon.

She's still a great sleeper and has graduated from baby food and is eating small pieces of adult food. Her top two teeth finally came in and the nose running (for the most part) finally stopped! We are so thankful for that.