Mudula Water
I’m so excited to announce the launch of my fundraising campaign for Mudula Water! Until Dec 31 I will relentlessly be bugging everyone I know to support Mudula Water. If you think you might be annoyed by this, de-friend me now!…either in FB or in person. I can take it ;-)
Why Mudula Water?
Why Mudula Water?
Mudula is the town where our sweet Almaz was born and lived her first six months. Her first family still lives there so we will always have a significant pull and attachment to the town of Mudula. We hope and pray often for the safety and the well-being of Almaz’s first family. Adoption is SO bitter-sweet. We received the beautiful and amazing gift of being Almaz’s parents, but only because Almaz’s first mother was unable to care for her. This will always tug on our hearts and we will never take her difficult and selfless decision for granted.
Because of this, we want Almaz’s first family and everyone in Mudula and the surrounding communities to have access to something as essential as clean water. There are millions around the world who could only dream about having easy access to such a basic necessity. What we can’t do for millions we can do for one….this “one” being the genes and DNA that give Almaz her sparkly eyes, her pouty lips, her humor, her flare for the dramatic, her amazing muscle tone, her love of art, and so much more.The Plan: Challenge yourself to see how many days you can go with water as your only liquid….no coffee, soda, juice, wine, beer, etc. For every day you can abstain from everything but water, give $5 to my fundraising campaign. Why $5? There are days when you’d certainly spend more than $5 on beverages but $5 seems like a pretty general below-average number that is within reach of almost everyone.
Can you drink only water from a Monday – Friday? Donate $25 and brag big on my Facebook wall. Can you go ONE DAY with drinking only water? Donate $5! (or more. I won't complain). And, yes, I will join you on this journey. I commit to not drink any coffee or pop (two things I really like!) until I raise $5,000.
My GOAL is $10,000 by December 31, 2011. I know it is huge. It might be completely unreachable, but that is the BIG number that is on my heart.
The person or team who raises the most by December 31, 2011 will be given an airline ticket from Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Ethiopia during the year 2012. If I am to win (which would be AMAZING!) I would travel November 2012 with the Mudula Water team to check on the progress/completion of the project. Grant and I have had the incredible opportunity to travel to Alex’s birth village (Durame) twice but have never been to Mudula. For families formed by adoption, these connections are life-changing.
Consider joining the Team Braasch. We’d love to have you!
Can you drink only water from a Monday – Friday? Donate $25 and brag big on my Facebook wall. Can you go ONE DAY with drinking only water? Donate $5! (or more. I won't complain). And, yes, I will join you on this journey. I commit to not drink any coffee or pop (two things I really like!) until I raise $5,000.
My GOAL is $10,000 by December 31, 2011. I know it is huge. It might be completely unreachable, but that is the BIG number that is on my heart.
The person or team who raises the most by December 31, 2011 will be given an airline ticket from Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Ethiopia during the year 2012. If I am to win (which would be AMAZING!) I would travel November 2012 with the Mudula Water team to check on the progress/completion of the project. Grant and I have had the incredible opportunity to travel to Alex’s birth village (Durame) twice but have never been to Mudula. For families formed by adoption, these connections are life-changing.
Consider joining the Team Braasch. We’d love to have you!
*all gifts are tax-deductible. 90% of what is dollars raised will go directly to the water project, only 10% is administrative overhead.
<< Home