Alex and friends
In January Alex and I started going to Lifetime Athletic Club in St. Louis Park 3 - 4 times a week. One huge added benefit are the wonderful Ethiopian women ("Nice Ladies" as Alex calls them) in the Childcare Center. I happened to have my camera with me today so I was able to get a shot of Alex with two of the Nice Ladies. The woman on the right has a 4-month-old baby, Yoseph, whom Alex loves to see and talk about.
Another added benefit of Lifetime is that Alex is making friends on his own, without me! For the past few months everytime we would pull into the Lifetime parking lot Alex would ask to see Connor (below). Since I didn't know his mom and I wasn't sure of her workout schedule seeing Connor was very hit-or-miss. His mom and I have since exchanged schedules so we can make sure that Alex and Connor can play together a couple of times a week while we do our workouts. It makes it a lot easier to leave Alex if I know he is going to have fun with a friend!
We just happened to be at a mutual friends birthday party this past Wednesday where the boys were surprised and excited to see each other!


Today was an Ethiopian Kids Club event at the Chanhassen Arboretum. Alex got to see one of his favorite, and most talked about friends, Levi. I overheard Alex telling Levi, while touching Levi's head, "You have curly hairs like me."
<< Home