Thursday, August 11, 2005

Article in the Star Tribune

There was an article yesterday in the Variety section of the Star Tribune regarding comments people make and questions people ask regarding international adoption. I must emphasis that we have received almost no intrusive or uncomfortable questions or comments. This, I believe, is a testament to how widely accepted and familiar international adoption has become. The most commonly asked question (which we are not at all offended by) is why Alex was available for adoption. People are naturally curious and are always gracious when we decline to answer.

The article is a great review of how to talk about adoption with others. In my opinion, one of the best things I can hear from people is that they are so happy we found each other! That is exactly how I feel and I love it when other people recognize that.

To read the article:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/5552747.html

Anna